Thursday, January 11, 2018

Interesting Week

This week for internship was interesting. We always have a few patients going home that day so me and Cecilia walk them down. We like doing it because we see new faces everyday and I like talking to the patients while walking them down. When the nurses go for lunch we both stay and either buzz people in or answer phone calls. Cecilia and I go back and forth answering the phone. I get nervous about messing up but doing it a few times makes it easier. On Tuesday we bring patients down to the lobby and buzz people in and out.

One of the nurses asked if we wanted to watch a circumcision and obviously we said yes! The nurses always ask the parents if they want their newborn to get it done. I was a little nervous watching but it wasn't as bad as I thought. The final day was slow because we only had a few patients, so we went around asking if they needed more water, sat at the front desk and answered phone calls.